Updated: Dec 25, 2019
So after being MIA for a while (ya know life) I decided to take it to the gram and ask the followers what they want to see for the next recipe. My friend Aya recommended a one-pot pasta dish that she tried from a blogger, and while I was apprehensive about one-pot pasta, I thought why not try it out. AND THANK GOD I DID. I think everything should be one pot! No cleaning and a recipe so easy you can do it under 30 minutes. You can even make this with rice instead of pasta. Dinner served in minutes? Yes PUHLEASE!
· teaspoon olive oil
· 1 medium onion chopped
· 1 lb of ground meat (I used ground beef)
· 1 bell green bell pepper chopped
· 1 jalepeno pitted and chopped (optional)
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning
· 2 cups water
· 1 cup whole milk ( or you can just make this water as well)
· 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and chipotle peppers ( I used Rotel)
· 1 box of capanelle pasta (Barilla)
· 1 teaspoon honey
· 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
· 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
· Cilantro chopped
1. In large saute pan with a cover heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meat, onion, and peppers and cook until the ground meat is browned and cooked through and onions are translucent, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
2. Add tomato paste and taco seasoning Keep stirring until tomato paste coats all the meat. Make sure to keep stirring so the tomato paste does not burn.
3. Add water, milk, and diced tomatoes, and honey.
4. Add pasta, stir, reduce heat to medium, and cook with cover on for 8-10 minutes until al dente, stirring occasionally to make sure pasta gets cooked evenly.
5. Reduce heat to low and add black beans, corn, and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add cilantro.
6. Yalla, let’s eat!!