Updated: Apr 5, 2020
Yalla, let’s eat pancakes!!!! Especially if they’re buttermilk. Doesn’t matter if you’re a kid or an adult, this is a crowd pleaser! I mean, who doesn’t love pancakes?! Even if you’re on a healthy diet, you can sub some of the flour for protein powder, and still be cool okay? Pancakes are just the perfect solution to a sucky day, or the best breakfast meal on a beautiful Sunday morning (like this one)! I have come by many a pancake but I think I have finally made the perfect one. This pancake recipe is very well researched (aka I ate a lot of pancakes). Just look at these bad boys. You can melt cookie butter all over it like I did, or make your own toppings and take a picture and send it to me! Yalla, go make these today and be the hero in your family! Everyone loves a hero🙌🏾
Yalla, Let's Eat Buttermilk Pancakes!
Makes 10-12 pancakes
· 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 3 tbsp. sugar
· 2 large eggs (yolks and whites separated)
· 4 tbsp. of butter (melted)
· 2 cups of buttermilk *
· 1 tsp of vanilla extract
· ¼ tsp of lemon zest (optional)
1. Get all your dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together
2. *To make buttermilk add a tbsp. of lemon juice to the milk. Let it sit for at least 5-15 minutes.
3. Separate your eggs and your whites. Mix your whites well (i use a hand beater), and add vanilla to your yolks.
4. Add all your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Add lemon zest.
5. Mix your ingredients with a spatula until combined. You want to see a lot of lumps! Do not over mix!
6. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
7. On medium heat PAM your non-skillet long pan. Ladle your pancakes. Flip. Do not pat your pancake.
8. Top with your favorite ingredients and serve!!
Note: You can use whole milk instead of buttermilk