Yalla, Let’s Eat Seasame Chicken!
Let’s cut to it. We need take-out. If you want restaurant quality food without going to the restaurant THIS IS YOUR RECIPE! I made this for my brother who loves sesame chicken and he has been BEGGING me to make it again. I thought why not share this with my instafam?! The chicken is extremely crunchy and laced with a delicious sauce that we thicken up with a cornstarch slurry. I’ll stop talking now… enjoy and send me pics of the product!!
A Meals With Amina original!
· 2-3 lbs of cubed chicken breast
· 2 eggs
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
· 5 cloves chopped garlic
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· ½ tablespoon of chili oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ cup flour ( I used rice, you can use AP)
· ½ cup cornstarch
· Salt and pepper
· 1 teaspoon paprika (for color)
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ cup brown sugar
· ¼ cup soy sauce
· ¼ cup honey
· Squirt of siracha
· 6 tablespoons of water
· 5 tabespoons ketchup (a little over a ¼ cup)
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 1 tablespoon of cornstarch 1 table spoon of water mixed together
1. Mix all ingredients for the marinade and add your chicken. You can wait 30 min or start right away.
2. Get your oil hot. Sprinkle some water into the breading mixture to make some clumps for texture when you bread your chicken. Bread your chicken and start frying.
3. When all the chicken is fried, in a pan add your Sauce and let it simmer. When you see bubbles add your slurry. Let it cook on medium until it starts to thicken up.
4. Add your chicken and top with sesame seeds.
5. Yalla, enjoy!