Yalla, Let’s Eat Shrimp Scampi and Pasta Alfredo!
This next recipe right here has a very special place in my heart. This recipe is the first recipe I ever learned And made me fall in love with cooking. I learned this recipe from my dad which makes it one of my very favorites! And the legacy moves on as I am now teach you:)
Okay a couple of pointer for the recipe:
1) It’s insanely easy because there really isn’t any measurements
2) Make sure you don’t overcook your shrimp! They should look like C and not O. 3) if you want to switch out butter, use olive oil.
• 2 lb of shrimp deveined and peeled • 1 onion chopped
• 6 cloves of garlic chopped
• 1 tomato chopped
• 1/4 cup parsley chopped
• 1 lemon
• 3 tablespoons of butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons oregano
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 1/2 stick of butter
• 4 tablespoons of flour
• 3 garlic cloves chopped
• 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
• one pint heavy cream
• two cups of milk
• 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1) Peel a little ribbon of the lemon. In a shallow pan, add your oil, butter, lemon, garlic, onion, and oregano on medium heat until the garlic is nice and soft ( you can salt here but not too much).
2) Add your shrimp with salt pepper and paprika. Add a tablespoon of water and bring your heat to low. Mix it all up, and add your tomatoes. This is going to create a sauce! Keep your heat on low.
3) 5 minutes go by, shrimp should be pretty in pink and slowly forming into a C shape. Once you feel the shrimp is about ready squeeze you lemon and add you parsley. Turn off the 🔥 and Yalla, let’s make the Alfredo sauce!!
4) in a sauce pan and the garlic and butter. Let it melt and add oregano. Add your flour and mix well till the pan looks like sand. Cook you roux for a couple of min and then cup by cup add liquid. Allow the liquid to boil every time you add cream/milk before adding the next cup.
5) When you get the sauce to a simmer and you like the thickness. Add you parm and taste. Here is where you add salt pepper and even some parsleet!
6) Plate pasta. Add sauce. Top with the shrimp. You just made the best meal of your life. YALLA, let’s eat shrimp scampi!!!